How much time do you spend indoors?
Did you know indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air?
Most people spend between *60-90% of their time indoors.
- 80% of urban Europeans live in areas exceeding the current WHO guideline values for particle matters
- 95% of the urban Europeans are exposed to excessive ozone levels, above the WHO guidelines values (1)
- We spend 90% of our time indoors (2)
- Indoor air can be 2 to 50 times more polluted than outdoor air (2)
- Every day, we eat 1kg of food, drink 2 liters of water and… breathe between 15 and 25 liters of air
What’s in the air?
Outdoor air pollution infiltrates into buildings. Without appropriate ventilation, it accumulates and can even react with other indoor air pollutants.
Indoor air pollution is made of outdoor air pollutants, including heating and traffic particles and gases that infiltrate into our buildings as well as chemicals emissions from building materials, furniture, electronics and office appliances off gasing, cleaning products, air fresheners, combustion particles from heating, cooking and candles, pets allergens…
- WHO REVIHAAP report 2013 WHO REVIHAAP report WHO web site on Air pollution http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs313/en/index.html
- European Union – ECA report n°23 Ventilation, Good Indoor Air Quality and Rational Use of Energy
For the energy conscious
Did you know that you can still have cleaner filtered air without running the cool or heating mode!!
Just select “fan only” mode on the control to maintain a cleaner happier environment.
Is your return air grille old, damaged, tired or even the plastic type?
We highly recommend to replace the grille with a new one before installing a Healtheair disposable filter.