At HealthEair, we’ve tailor designed our replaceable filters to help you save money on electricity costs and protect your home from harmful air. While our filters go a long way in achieving this, there are other factors at play.
The last thing you want is your air conditioner working against you.
We’ve prepared 10 tips to prolong the life of your air conditioner – so your HealthEair filter can perform at its maximum capabilities.
Here are a few things you can do to get the most from your air conditioner:
- Keep the condenser clear: The condenser sits outside of your house and works to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. Make sure there are no obstructions (boxes, garden tools, leaves, trimmings or other debris) on or around the unit, as it will slow down its efficiency.
- Keep the condenser cool: If the condenser isn’t located in the shade, you can help your air conditioner stay cool by planting small trees or erect a shield to provide shade from the hot sun. You’ll reduce the amount of work it has to do – for best results, always consult an air conditioning specialist.
- Clean the unit: The frequency of cleaning depends on the manufacturer’s instructions – however cleaning is a must, irrespective of the make and model. Be careful when you’re cleaning it and make sure you turn off the power to the air conditioner before you start. Always read your manual before starting!
- Remove blocks: Keep all furniture away from the cooling vents. A clear pathway will help the cool air enter the room and it’ll circulate easier. This means the system doesn’t have to work as hard – and neither will you (to pay for a big electricity bill).
- Thermostat: What is a comfortable temperature?
Comfort is an individual requirement, however when setting the temperature to your comfort level, try adjusting to 1 or 2 degrees higher in summer or lower in winter. By doing this, you will not only save on energy consumption, but it will also help in prolonging the life of your air conditioning unit.
- Don’t always reach for the control: Install ceiling fans to improve air movement. Blinds and drapes help to block out the sun’s heat, so there’s less reliance on your air conditioner.
- Service your system: A professional can tell you whether there’s any problems with your air conditioner – that’s why a yearly service is so important. Remember, maintenance and minor repairs can add years of energy efficient life to your air conditioner.
- Replace the filters: And of course, last but certainly not least, change your filters regularly. On average, filters should be replaced (not cleaned or washed) every 30 to 60 days. This is compared to HealthEair’s high efficiency filters which last up to 12 months.
There are many benefits to using HealthEair’s high efficiency air conditioning filters. If you’re interested in finding out more or booking in your free measure and quote, simply contact us and we’ll be glad to help!
Call us on 1300 234 583